Value Dynamics for Data Scientists: How to Generate and Deliver Value with Analytics to Non-Experts
Business Knowledge Series course
Mrs. Martine George holds an MBA and a PhD in physical sciences. .
She has over 24 years of professional experience, including 15 years spent developing business analytics teams within large organizations from different industries..
She is the Talent Development Director of Accenture Chair in Strategic Business Analytics at ESSEC Business School, Paris..
She is regularly invited as a speaker and expert in events related to business analytics abroad..
Passionate about developing talent and organizations in business analytics, she is also ICF certified coach, facilitator, trainer and consultant in cultural transformation of organizations.Learn how to
Today, development of Big Data and business analytics leads to new roles in the organization. A data scientist is an expert or a consultant who excels in the art of analysing data. This profile is currently highly wanted and job prospects for years to come in this area are promising.
The data scientist is a talent that has a rare combination of skills: analytical, technical, business and communication. Where the analytical and technical skills are the usual criteria for recruitment of these profiles, field experience shows that the ability to communicate effectively the results of Analytics to non-experts (manager, sales, marketer…) is a factor for success in this role.
- Increase awareness of your natural style of communication, of communication profiles with whom it is easy/difficult to communicate and develop effective communication strategies
- Learn to adapt the format of presentation of results of complex analysis to non-expert stakeholders (manager, sales, marketer, and leader).
- Learn how to convince internal clients to use the results of complex analysis in their business.
- Test and implement the transformation of the results of analysis in different formats of presentation.
- Prepare a development plan to continue to deepen your ability to communicate analysis results to different audiences.
Who should attend
This module is designed specifically for the following profiles:
Data scientists with at least 2 years of experience in this role and eager to develop their ability to communicate the results of their work (analysis, statistical models,) in different formats to non-expert audiences (manager, sales, marketer, Manager).
Before attending this course, you should have at least 2 years of experience as a Data Analyst, hence have an understanding of statistical methods.
Previous SAS software experience is not necessary.
Prior to the Training:
Communicating as an expert in analytics to different audiences
Presenting complex results to an audience of analytics experts
Convincing an internal client to use the results of an analysis in his business
Writing a one-pager (informing them of the results of analytics) to an audience of busy leaders
Convincing an audience of leaders to commit resources in future development from the results of analytics