This course provides students with the essential knowledge to perform the job functions of a SAS platform administrator.
Learn how to
- administer and back up SAS metadata
- administer SAS Metadata Server
- administer SAS servers
- monitor, log, and troubleshoot SAS servers
- utilize SAS Environment Manager.
Who should attend
Standard Duration (duration can vary, see event schedule for details)
Before attending this course, it is useful but not required to have experience with the Platform for SAS Business Analytics. You can gain this experience by attending the Getting Started with the Platform for SAS Business Analytics course.
This course addresses SAS Analytics Platform, SAS Management Console software.
Reviewing the Platform for SAS Business Analytics
Understanding SAS Metadata and the Metadata Server
- exploring the platform for SAS Business Analytics overview
- exploring the Platform Administrator role
- securing the SAS configuration
- establishing a formal, regularly scheduled backup
Managing SAS Servers and Spawners
- exploring the SAS Metadata Server
- exploring SAS Metadata
- implementing a SAS Metadata Server Cluster
- backing up SAS metadata
Exploring SAS Middle Tier
- Operating SAS Servers and Spawners
- reviewing SAS Environment Manager
- exploring SAS servers
- administering server logging
Exploring Ongoing Administration Tasks
- exploring SAS Environment Manager
- exploring SAS middle-tier architecture
- exploring SAS middle-tier configuration