There is a new version of this course. Please see DataFlux® Data Management Studio: Understanding the Quality Knowledge Base.
This course is designed for data quality stewards that need to learn more about the Quality Knowledge Base (QKB) and using the DataFlux Data Management Platform Customize application.
This course can help prepare you for the following certification exam(s): SAS Big Data Preparation, Statistics, and Visual Exploration, SAS Data Quality Steward for SAS 9.
Learn how to
- understand the QKB components
- use the component editors
- understand various definition types
- create a new data type and definitions.
Who should attend
Data Quality Stewards
Before attending this course, you should attend DataFlux® Data Management Studio: Essentials or have equivalent knowledge.
This course addresses DataFlux Data Management Studio software.
SAS Quality Knowledge Base and Customization
Component Files, Definitions, and Data Types
- introduction and course topics
- understanding the structure of the QKB
- investigating component files and editors
- investigating definition types
- investigating data types
- creating new data types
- introduction to parse definitions
- working with parse definitions
- creating a parse definition
- using the Parse Definition Quick Editor (PDQE) Investigating advanced topics for parse definitions
- introduction to case definitions
- working with case definitions
- creating a case definition
- introduction to standardization definitions
- working with standardization definitions
- creating a standardization definition
- introduction to match definitions
- working with match definitions
- creating a match definition
- investigating advanced topics for match definitions
Tips, Tricks, and Advanced Topics
- investigating and creating identification analysis definitions
- investigating gender analysis definitions
- Investigating pattern analysis definitions
- investigating and creating extraction definitions
- investigating language and locale guess definitions
- investigating best practices
- investigating export and import functions
- investigating the Difference Viewer and Merge tool