There is a newer version of this course. Please see the schedule for the new DataFlux Data Management Studio: Essentials course.
This course is for data quality stewards who perform data management tasks, such as data quality improvements, data enrichment and entity resolution.
This course can help prepare you for the following certification exam(s): SAS Data Quality Steward for SAS 9, SAS Big Data Preparation, Statistics, and Visual Exploration.
Learn how to
- create and review data explorations
- create and review data profiles
- create data jobs for data improvement
- establish monitoring aspects for your data.
Who should attend
Data Quality Stewards
There currently are no prerequisites for this course.
This course addresses DataFlux Data Management Server, DataFlux Data Management Studio software.This course addresses DataFlux Data Management Studio 2.6 and DataFlux Data Management Server 2.6.
Introduction and Course Flow DataFlux Data Management Studio: Getting Started
Working Through the PLAN Phase of the DataFlux Methodology
- Quality Knowledge Base (QKB) and reference sources
- data connections
Working Through the ACT Phase of the DataFlux Methodology
- creating data collections
- designing data explorations
- creating data profiles
- designing data standardization schemes
Working Through the MONITOR Phase of the DataFlux Methodology
- introduction to data jobs
- data quality jobs
- data enrichment jobs (self-study)
- entity resolution jobs
- defining business rules
- data profiling with business rules and alerts
- data jobs with business rules
- data jobs with monitoring tasks
- multi-input/multi-output data jobs
- using data job references within a data job
- introduction to the DataFlux Data Management Server
- case study (self-study)