There is a new version of this course. Please see SAS Data Integration Studio: Essentials.
This course introduces SAS Data Integration Studio and includes topics for registering sources and targets; creating and working with jobs; and working with transformations.
The self-study e-learning includes:
Learn how to
- Annotatable course notes in PDF format.
- Virtual Lab time to practice.
- register source data and target tables
- create jobs and explore the functionality of the job editor
- work with many of the various transformations.
Who should attend
Data integration developers and data integration architects
Before attending this course, you should have experience with SAS programming basics. You can gain this experience by completing the SAS Programming 1: Essentials course.
This course addresses SAS Data Integration Studio, SAS Analytics Platform software.
Working with Change Management
- exploring the platform for SAS Business Analytics
- introduction to the data management applications
- introduction to the classroom environment and the course tasks
Creating Metadata for Source Data
- introduction to change management
- establishing a change management environment (self-study)
Creating Metadata for Target Data
- setting up the environment
- registering source data metadata
Creating Metadata for Jobs
- registering target data metadata
- importing metadata
Orion Star Case Study
- introduction to jobs and the job editor
- using the Join transformation
Additional Features for Jobs
- defining and loading the customer dimension table
- defining and loading the organization dimension table
- defining and loading the time dimension table
Working with Transformations
- importing SAS code
- propagation and mapping
- chaining jobs
- performance statistics
- metadata reports
- using the Extract and Summary Statistics transformations
- exploring SQL transformations
- establishing status handling
- using the Data Validation transformation
- using the Transpose, Sort, Append, Rank, and List Data transformations
- basic standardizations