This course introduces SAS Data Integration Studio and includes topics for registering sources and targets; creating and working with jobs; and working with transformations.
The self-study e-learning includes:
- Annotatable course notes in PDF format.
- Virtual Lab time to practice.
- register source data and target tables
- create jobs and explore the functionality of the job editor
- work with many of the various transformations.
A chi è rivolto
Data integration developers and data integration architects
Before attending this course, you should have experience with SAS programming basics. You can gain this experience by completing the SAS Programming 1: Essentials course.
This course addresses SAS Data Integration Studio, SAS Analytics Platform software.
Working with Change Management
- exploring the platform for SAS Business Analytics
- introduction to the data management applications
- introduction to the classroom environment and the course tasks
Creating Metadata for Source Data
- introduction to change management
- establishing a change management environment (self-study)
Creating Metadata for Target Data
- setting up the environment
- registering source data metadata
Creating Metadata for Jobs
- registering target data metadata
- importing metadata
Orion Star Case Study
- introduction to jobs and the job editor
- using the Join transformation
Additional Features for Jobs
- defining and loading the customer dimension table
- defining and loading the organization dimension table
- defining and loading the time dimension table
Working with Transformations
- importing SAS code
- propagation and mapping
- chaining jobs
- performance statistics
- metadata reports
- using the Extract and Summary Statistics transformations
- exploring SQL transformations
- establishing status handling
- using the Data Validation transformation
- using the Transpose, Sort, Append, Rank, and List Data transformations
- basic standardizations