This course is for users who want to learn advanced SAS programming. This course combines the SAS Programming 3: Advanced Techniques, SAS SQL 1: Essentials, and SAS Macro Language 1: Essentials courses. This course is not recommended for those who have not programmed before.
Learn how to
- Prepare data using advanced SAS programming techniques.
- Process SAS data using Structured Query Language (SQL).
- Use the SAS macro facility.
Who should attend
Experienced SAS programmers who have a sound understanding of DATA step processing and who want to write SAS programs that are efficient, reusable, and dynamic
Standard Duration (duration can vary, see event schedule for details)
Live Web Classroom:
||15 x 3.5 hour sessions
This course is not appropriate for beginning SAS software users. Before attending this course, you should have at least nine months of SAS programming experience and should have completed the SAS Programming 2: Data Manipulation Techniques course. Basic knowledge of SQL is recommended.
This course addresses Base SAS software.
Compare various SAS programming techniques that enable you to:
Process SAS data using Structured Query Language (SQL) to:
- Benchmark computer resource usage.
- Control memory, I/O, and CPU resources.
- Create and use indexes.
- Combine data horizontally.
- Use hash and hiter DATA step component objects and arrays as lookup tables.
- Compress SAS data sets.
- Sample your SAS data sets.
- Create and use SAS data views.
- Safely reduce the length of numeric variables.
- Create user-defined functions and informats.
Use the SAS macro facility to:
- Query and subset data.
- Summarize and present data.
- Combine tables, including complex joins and merges.
- Create and modify table views and indexes.
- Replace multiple DATA and PROC steps with one SQL query.
- Use SQL to query the application data dictionary.
- Use SQL to create and populate macro variables.
- Perform text substitution in SAS code.
- Automate and customize the production of SAS code.
- Conditionally or iteratively construct SAS code.
- Use macro variables and macro functions.