This course provides information on how to use SAS BI Dashboard 4.4. This course teaches you how to build and use dashboards. Information for this course can also be found by attending Creating Business Intelligence for Your Organization: Fast Track.
Learn how to
- create and edit indicator data
- create and edit a range
- create and edit an indicator
- create and edit a dashboard and establish interactions between dashboard indicators
- view and interact with dashboards in the SAS BI Dashboard viewer
- view and interact with dashboards in the SAS Information Delivery Portal.
Who should attend
There are no formal prerequisites for this course. Knowledge of the SAS Information Delivery Portal, Structured Query Language (SQL), SAS Information Map Studio, and SAS Stored Processes is helpful but not required. You can gain the SAS Information Delivery Portal knowledge by completing the Personalizing the SAS Information Delivery Portal course. You can gain the SQL knowledge by completing the SAS SQL 1: Essentials course. You can gain the SAS Information Map Studio knowledge by completing the Creating Information Maps Using SAS course. You can gain the SAS Stored Process knowledge by completing the Creating Stored Processes Using SAS 1: Essentials course.
This course addresses SAS Analytics Platform, SAS BI Dashboard software.
Creating Indicator Data
- what is SAS BI Dashboard?
- SAS BI Dashboard terminology and components
- interfaces for designing and viewing BI dashboards
- designing SAS BI Dashboard components
- describing the platform for SAS Business Analytics
- introducing the course environment and scenario
- what is indicator data?
- using an information map data source
- using an SQL query data source
- using a stored process data source
- using a table data source
- what is a range?
- creating ranges
- what is an indicator?
- exploring the indicator display types
- creating indicators
Linking a Dashboard to a SAS Report
- what is a dashboard?
- building a dashboard
- understanding dashboard interactions
- creating an information map with a prompted filter
- creating a report in SAS Web Report Studio
- creating an indicator that links to a SAS report
- SAS resources
- beyond this course