This course teaches students how to work with the SAS environment, design applications, build a FRAME entry, and control the application flow.
Learn how to
- build application windows using FRAME entries
- create, compile, and execute SAS Component Language (SCL) programs
- use the model/viewer paradigm for displaying information
- view and edit data in tables
- create and use SCL lists
- share information between application windows
- use region attachments to control the placement and size of components when the component's frame is resized
- deploy an application.
Who should attend
| Classroom:|| 3.0 days |
Before attending this course, you should have a thorough understanding of the concepts presented in SAS Programming 1: Essentials Prior application development experience is not required.
You should be able to
- use the SAS windowing environment, including the Explorer window
- issue basic commands for window management
- write and debug SAS programs consisting of DATA and PROC steps
- use WHERE processing to subset observations
- write DATA step programs that use functions, formats, informats, SAS date values, and conditional logic (IF - THEN/ELSE or SELECT) statements.
This course addresses SAS/AF software.