This course teaches students how to work with the SAS environment, design applications, build a FRAME entry, and control the application flow
The self-study e-learning includes:
Learn how to
- Annotatable course notes in PDF format.
- Virtual Lab time to practice.
- Build application windows using FRAME entries.
- Create, compile, and execute SAS Component Language (SCL) programs.
- Use the model/viewer paradigm for displaying information.
- View and edit data in tables.
- Create and use SCL lists.
- Share information between application windows.
- Use region attachments to control the placement and size of components when the component's frame is resized.
- Deploy an application.
Who should attend
Kurzy jsou dostupné jako
||21 hodin/180 den licence
Before attending this course, you should have a thorough understanding of the concepts presented in SAS Programming 1: Essentials. Prior application development experience is not required.
You should be able to do the following:
- Use the SAS windowing environment, including the Explorer window.
- Issue basic commands for window management.
- Write and debug SAS programs consisting of DATA and PROC steps.
- Use WHERE processing to subset observations.
- Write DATA step programs that use functions, formats, informats, SAS date values, and conditional logic (IF - THEN/ELSE or SELECT) statements.
This course addresses SAS/AF software.
Getting Started with SAS/AF Applications
Creating a Menu System
- Exploring the course environment and scenario.
- Storing SAS/AF applications.
- Discussing object-oriented programming.
- Assessing application requirements.
- Creating a FRAME entry.
- Working with components.
- Using SCL SOURCE entries.
Presenting Data Dynamically
- Displaying data in a map.
- Viewing data in a table.
- Exploring data using a form.
- Charting data values.
Interacting with the User
- Controlling attributes at run time.
- Working with SCL lists.
- Using the SCL debugger.
Extending the Class Library
- Using drag-and-drop functionality.
- Submitting SAS code.
- Updating data in a table viewer.
- Implementing custom menus.
Finalizing the Application
- Creating a subclass.
- Using resources wisely.
- Defining region attachments.
- Using development tools.
- Deploying the application.
- SAS resources.
- Beyond this course.