This essentials course introduces administrators to SAS Viya 3.5. The course provides an overview of the SAS Viya architecture and shows how to perform essential administration tasks using SAS Environment Manager and the command line interface.
The self-study e-learning includes:
Learn how to
- Annotatable course notes in PDF format.
- Virtual Lab time to practice.
- Integrate SAS Viya with SAS 9.4.
- Start and stop SAS Viya servers and services.
- Manage users and groups in the SAS Viya environment.
- Integrate with an identity management server such as LDAP or Active Directory.
- Manage credential domains in SAS Viya.
- Manage data and content that are used in the SAS Viya environment.
- Maintain security on SAS Viya content and functionality.
- Back up your SAS Viya environment.
- Promote content from both SAS 9.4 and prior releases of SAS Viya to SAS Viya 3.5.
Who should attend
Administrators who support a SAS Viya 3.5 environment
Before taking this course, you should have a working knowledge of Linux operating system commands. A working knowledge of LDAP or Active Directory is helpful but not required.
This course addresses SAS Visual Analytics software.
Introduction to SAS Viya
Servers in SAS Viya
- Introduction to SAS Viya.
- SAS Cloud Analytics Services (CAS) architecture.
- administration tasks.
- Cloud Analytics Services architecture overview.
- Exploring programming run-time servers.
- Exploring microservices and infrastructure servers.
- Operating SAS Viya servers and services.
- Backup and recovery.
SAS Viya CAS Data Architecture
- Introduction to identity management.
- Default users and groups.
- Administrative groups and roles.
- Managing external credentials.
- Exploring CAS data architecture.
- Exploring CAS memory and data.
- Understanding caslibs.
- CAS authorization.
- Additional data management tasks.
- Content management.
- General authorization on objects.
- Administering access to functionality.
- SAS Viya operations infrastructure.
- SAS Viya server logging in SAS Environment Manager.
- SAS Viya servers and SAS Configuration Server logging.
- Microservice and web application logging.