There is a new version of this course. Please see SAS® Viya® Administration: Enhanced Tasks (Japanese).
This additional topics course expands administrators' knowledge of the SAS Viya 3.5 environment. This course provides additional topics for a SAS Viya 3.5 deployment and shows how to perform advanced administration tasks using SAS Environment Manager, the command-line interface, and REST APIs.
The self-study e-learning includes:
Learn how to
- Annotatable course notes in PDF format.
- Virtual Lab time to practice.
- Update a SAS Viya deployment.
- Set up and use APIs to interface with the SAS Viya environment.
- Administer programming run-time servers.
- Administer the CAS server.
- Create and manage caslibs.
- Access data in external databases.
- Automate the refresh of data from a caslib.
- Make user-defined formats available to the CAS server.
- Promote content from SAS 9.4 to SAS Viya 3.5.
- Manage SAS Viya content.
- Troubleshoot general authorization issues.
- Monitor the SAS Viya environment in SAS Environment Manager.
- Monitor a SAS Viya deployment using command-line interfaces such as the sas-ops command.
- Manage the operations infrastructure data mart.
- Create custom reports from the operations infrastructure data.
- Modify logging levels in SAS Environment Manager.
- Diagnose server and service problems using logs.
Who should attend
Administrators who support a SAS Viya 3.5 environment
Before taking this course, you should:
A working knowledge of LDAP or Active Directory is helpful but not required.
This course addresses SAS Viya software.