This intensive course provides accelerated learning for those students who will administer the platform for SAS Business Analytics. This course is for individuals who are comfortable with learning large amounts of information in a short period of time. The SAS Platform Administration: Metadata Administration and SAS Platform Administration: System Administration courses are available to provide the same type of information in a more detailed approach over a longer period of time.
The self-study e-learning includes:
Learn how to
- Annotatable course notes in PDF format.
- Virtual Lab time to practice.
- Administer the SAS environment.
- Identify and report about the state of the SAS environment.
- Back up the SAS environment.
- Monitor and log SAS servers.
- Administer client applications.
- Administer users.
- Administer data access.
- Recognize and establish various security techniques.
- Secure data and other shared content.
- Troubleshoot metadata security.
- Move and promote metadata.
- Administer the SAS middle tier.
- Monitor the SAS middle tier with SAS Environment Manager..
Who should attend
SAS platform administrators
Before attending this course, it is useful but not required that you have experience with the platform for SAS Business Analytics. You can gain this experience by attending the SAS Platform Administration: Getting Started course.
This course addresses SAS Analytics Platform, SAS Management Console, SAS Environment Manager for SAS 9.4 software.
Reviewing the SAS Platform
Reviewing SAS Platform Architecture Components
- Exploring the platform.
- Reviewing deployment administration tasks.
- Reviewing maintenance administration tasks.
- Reviewing metadata administration tasks.
- Reviewing ongoing administration tasks.
Understanding SAS Metadata and the Metadata Server
- Exploring the platform architecture.
- Operating SAS servers and spawners.
- Exploring SAS Environment Manager.
- Exploring SAS Environment Manager service architecture.
Understanding Initial Authentication and Administering Users, Groups, and Roles
- Exploring the SAS Metadata Server and metadata repositories.
- Exploring SAS metadata objects.
- Implementing a SAS Metadata Server cluster.
- Backing up the SAS Metadata Server.
- Backing up the SAS environment.
Managing SAS Compute Servers and Spawners
- Exploring initial authentication to the SAS Metadata Server.
- Administering users and groups.
- Using import macros.
- Exploring internal accounts and internal authentication mechanisms.
- Administering roles and administrative identities.
- Understanding SAS Compute Servers.
- Exploring credential management.
- Administering server logging.
Establishing Connectivity to Data Sources
- Reviewing metadata security.
- Exploring metadata permissions and ACTs.
- Customizing SAS folders.
Monitoring Your SAS Environment
- Registering libraries and tables in metadata.
- Setting up data access.
- Monitoring a SAS environment with SAS Environment Manager.
- Reviewing SAS middle-tier architecture.
- Additional topics about SAS server maintenance.
- SAS resources.
- Beyond this course.