This course has been replaced. Please see the schedule for the new JMP Software: Classic Design of Experiments course.
This course teaches you how to design and analyze experiments in JMP 10 to find the vital few factors or optimize the process response. The course emphasizes the principles of experimental design while also demonstrating screening designs and response designs.
Learn how to
- explain the fundamental principles of designed experiments
- generate and analyze full factorial, fractional factorial, split-plot, and screening designs, including designs with blocking factors
- create and analyze classic response surface designs
- use the custom design tool.
Who should attend
Anyone who would like to understand and improve products and processes, such as engineers, scientists, and Six Sigma practitioners
Before attending this course, it is recommended you
This course addresses JMP software.
Introduction to Design of Experiments
Multiple Factor Designs and Blocking
- review of basic statistical concepts
- introduction to experimental design
- completely randomized designs
- randomized complete block designs
- randomized incomplete block designs
- full factorial designs
- 2k factorial designs
- split-plot designs
Response Surface Methodology
- fractional factorial designs
- blocking with screening designs
- concepts and terms
- classic response surface designs for second-order models
- steepest ascent method
- custom design generation
- custom response surface designs