This course provides information about how to use the SAS Information Map Studio application to build information maps for reporting and analysis. To successfully build information maps, you need to understand your organization's data sources as well as the knowledge level of the people who will use the information maps.
Learn how to
- build information maps from both relational and multidimensional data sources
- enhance information maps by creating custom data items
- build information maps that contain several types of filters
- build a stored process that provides a dynamic data source for the information map
- use information maps in several of the SAS platform applications.
Who should attend
BI Content Developers
There are no formal prerequisites for this course.
This course addresses Platform for SAS Business Analytics, SAS Information Map Studio software.
Exploring the SAS Platform Applications
- what is a SAS Information Map?
- what is the platform for SAS Business Analytics?
- where do information maps fit in?
- introducing the course environment and scenario
Exploring SAS(R) Information Map Studio
- what is SAS Web Report Studio?
- what is the SAS Information Delivery Portal?
- what is SAS BI Dashboard?
- what is the SAS Add-In for Microsoft Office?
- what is SAS Enterprise Guide?
- accessing information maps from SAS programs
Working with Data Items
- exploring the SAS Information Map Studio interface
- creating an information map
- using multiple relational data sources
- using a multidimensional data source
- understanding data item properties
- using data item expressions
Using a Stored Process as a Dynamic Data Source
- what are information map filters?
- building simple filters
- building compound filters
- building identity-driven filters (self-study)
- building predefined filters
- building prompted filters
- what is a SAS Stored Process?
- creating a stored process in SAS Enterprise Guide
- what is SAS Management Console?
- using a SAS Stored Process with an information map
- using connection profiles
- setting options and preferences
- managing resources
- testing information maps
- SAS resources
- beyond this course
- using the INFOMAPS procedure