The course introduces SAS users and administrators – having a Windows background – to Linux.
Learn how to
The course participants learn the basic skills necessary to use the Linux platform efficiently.
Training and exercises are based on a SAS perspective.
- Navigate in the Linux file system and understand its underlying structure
- Use the Linux command line efficiently
- Establish remote access to the Linux platform from Windows
- Edit files using the built-in editor Vim
- Use text-based navigation of the file system using Midnight Commander
- Perform simple file operations such as e.g. to move, rename, delete and copy files and folders
- Use the file system security to manage the access to files and folders
- Transfer between Windows and Linux
- Create planned jobs to be run at certain time intervals
- Handle processes and jobs, including to stop and prioritize jobs
- Run programs as another user
- Perform basic system monitoring
- Find help and documentation
- Start and use SAS from Linux
- Get access to SAS® Management Console from Linux
- Administer SAS Services from Linux
The course does not require any prior experience with Linux or Unix.