There is a new version of this course. Please see SAS Viya Administration: Enhanced Tasks.
This course explores ongoing tasks that SAS administrators might need to perform in their SAS Viya environment. This course provides an overview of SAS Viya deployment topologies and shows how to perform ongoing SAS administration tasks using SAS Environment Manager and the command-line interface and REST APIs.
The self-study e-learning includes:
Learn how to
- Annotatable course notes in PDF format.
- Virtual Lab time to practice.
- Update a SAS Viya deployment.
- Set up and use APIs to interface with the SAS Viya environment.
- Administer programming run-time servers.
- Administer the CAS server.
- Create and manage caslibs.
- Access data in external databases.
- Automate the refresh of data from a caslib.
- Make user-defined formats available to the CAS server.
- Promote content from SAS 9.4 to SAS Viya 3.4.
- Manage SAS Viya content.
- Troubleshoot general authorization issues.
- Monitor the SAS Viya environment in SAS Environment Manager.
- Monitor a SAS Viya deployment using command line interfaces such as the sas-ops command.
- Manage the operations infrastructure data mart.
- Create custom reports from the operations infrastructure data.
- Modify logging levels in SAS Environment Manager.
- Diagnose server and service problems using logs.
Who should attend
Administrators who support a SAS Viya 3.4 deployment
Standard Duration (duration can vary, see event schedule for details)
Before taking this course:
- You should complete the SAS Viya Administration: Essentials course or have gained the equivalent knowledge through administering a SAS Viya deployment.
- You should have a working knowledge of Linux operating system commands, such as locating and listing files in a directory, setting permissions on files and directories, editing files, and using sudo.
- It would be helpful if you understood authentication methods such as LDAP or Active Directory.
This course addresses SAS Viya software.