This course teaches how to submit SAS jobs to the grid from a variety of SAS client applications (SAS Enterprise Guide, SAS Add-In for Microsoft Office, SAS Data Integration Studio, and SAS Enterprise Miner), from the SAS windowing environment, and from a command prompt. The course includes demonstrations, simulations, and questions.
Learn how to
- prepare SAS jobs for grid execution
- submit SAS jobs to the grid for sequential processing
- submit SAS jobs to the grid for parallel processing.
Who should attend
SAS programmers, SAS power users, and others who use SAS applications that have been deployed with SAS Grid Manager, including SAS Enterprise Guide, SAS Add-In for Microsoft Office, SAS Data Integration Studio, SAS Enterprise Miner, and ad hoc SAS programs
Before attending this course, you should be familiar with the functionality and components of the SAS products that you will use on the grid.
This course addresses SAS Grid Computing software.
Working with SAS Grid Computing
Working with SAS Client Applications on the Grid
- understanding the benefits, components, and capabilities of SAS Grid Computing
- understanding the process of grid execution
- monitoring grid execution
Working with SAS Code on the Grid
- SAS Enterprise Guide
- SAS Add-In for Microsoft Office
- SAS Data Integration Studio
- SAS Enterprise Miner
- grid enabling SAS code for sequential processing
- grid enabling SAS code for parallel processing
- using PROC SCAPROC to grid enable programs
- using the SASGSUB command for grid processing