Business Knowledge Series course
Presented by Michael Gilliland, author of The Business Forecasting Deal and Product Marketing Manager for SAS forecasting software, SAS; or Chip Wells, Ph.D., Manager, Analytical Education, Education Division, SAS
This course addresses SAS Forecast Studio software.
Fundamental Issues in Business Forecasting
Forecast Value Added Analysis
- fundamental issues and worst practices in applied forecasting
- how not to excel at forecasting
FVA Analysis: Practical First Steps
- what is forecast value added?
- why use FVA analysis?
- communicating the results
- FVA in industry
Lean Approach to Forecasting
Sample SAS Code for Creating FVA Report
- first steps in implementing an FVA analysis
- volatility and forecastability assessment
- performance expectations and objectives
- reporting methods