There is a newer version of this course. Please see the schedule for the new SAS Data Integration Studio: Essentials course.
This course introduces SAS Data Integration Studio and includes topics for registering sources and targets; creating and working with jobs; and working with transformations.
This course can help prepare you for the following certification exam(s): SAS Data Integration Development for SAS 9.
Learn how to
- register source data and target tables
- create jobs and explore the functionality of the job editor
- work with many of the various transformations.
Who should attend
Data integration developers and data integration architects
| Classroom:|| 3.0 days |
Before attending this course you should have experience with SAS programming basics. You can gain this experience by completing the SAS Programming 1: Essentials course.
This course addresses SAS Analytics Platform, SAS Data Integration Studio software.
Introduction to Course Data and Course Scenario
- exploring the platform for SAS Business Analytics
- introducing the data integration applications
- introducing change management
Creating Metadata for Source Data
- exploring the classroom environment and course data
- exploring course tasks
Creating Metadata for Target Data
- setting up the environment
- registering metadata for SAS source tables
- registering metadata for Oracle source tables
- registering metadata for an ODBC data source
- registering metadata for external files
Creating Metadata for Jobs
- registering target data metadata
- importing metadata
Orion Star Case Study
- introduction to jobs and the job editor
- using the Join transformation
Additional Features for Jobs
- define and load several dimension tables
- define calculated columns
- work with join types and the Join transformation
- work with the Table Loader transformation
- work with the User Written Code transformation
Working with Transformations
- importing SAS code
- exploring mapping and propagation
- investigate the chaining of jobs
- examine performance statistics
- review provided metadata reports
- using the Extract and Summary Statistics transformations
- exploring SQL transformations
- establishing status handling
- using the Data Validation transformation
- using the Transpose, Sort, Append, Rank, and List Data transformations
- using the Apply Lookup Standardization, Standardize with Definition, and One-Way Frequency transformations