Business Knowledge Series course
Presented by Catherine Truxillo, Ph.D., Manager, Analytical Education, or Chris Daman or Stephen Mistler, Analytical Training Consultants, Education Division, SAS
This course teaches students how to identify complex and dynamic patterns within multilevel data to inform a variety of decision-making needs. The course provides a conceptual understanding of multilevel linear models (MLM) and multilevel generalized linear models (MGLM) and their appropriate use in a variety of settings.
Learn how to
- use basic multilevel models
- use three-level and cross-classified models
- use generalized multilevel models for discrete dependent variables.
Who should attend
Researchers in psychology, education, social science, medicine, and business, or others analyzing data with multilevel nesting structure
Before attending this course, you should
- preferably, be familiar with the basic structure and concepts of SAS (for example, the DATA step and procedures)
- be familiar with concepts of linear models such as regression and ANOVA and with generalized linear models such as logistic regression
- be familiar with linear mixed models to enhance understanding, although this is not necessary to benefit from the course.
It is recommended that you complete SAS Programming 1: Essentials and Statistics 2: ANOVA and Regression, or have equivalent knowledge before taking this course.
This course addresses SAS/STAT software.