This course is for users who need to modify existing Base SAS programs that will execute in SAS Viya. This course leverages the power of SAS Cloud Analytic Services (CAS) to access, manage, and manipulate in-memory tables. This course is not intended for beginning SAS software users.
- Connect to Cloud Analytic Services (CAS).
- Access and use caslibs.
- Load SAS data sets, CSV files, and Microsoft Excel files into CAS.
- Save SASHDAT files.
- Modify Base SAS programs to execute in CAS.
- Modify SQL procedure code to execute in CAS using FedSQL.
- Use CAS-enabled functions and procedures.
A chi è rivolto
SAS programmers transitioning to SAS Viya
Before attending this course, you should have nine months or more of SAS programming experience or have completed the SAS Programming 2: Data Manipulation Techniques, SAS SQL 1: Essentials, or SAS Macro Language 1: Essentials course. Specifically, you should be able to do the following:
- Understand programming logic concepts.
- Use SAS software to access SAS libraries.
- Create and use SAS date values.
- Read, concatenate, merge, and match-merge SAS data sets.
- Use SAS functions to perform data manipulation and transformations.
- Use the FORMAT procedure to create user-defined formats.
- Use SQL to query and join tables.
This course addresses Base SAS, SAS Studio, SAS Viya software.
Loading Data into SAS Cloud Analytic Services (CAS)
- Overview of SAS Viya.
- Accessing SAS libraries.
- Session-scope and global-scope caslibs.
- Accessing caslibs.
- Changing the active caslib.
- Connecting to a CAS server using a snippet.
Modifying Base SAS Programs to Run in SAS Viya
- Overview of loading tables into CAS and saving the tables.
- Session-scope and global-scope tables.
- Accessing SAS data sets, CSV files, and Microsoft Excel files and loading them into CAS.
- Promoting tables in CAS.
- Saving and using SASHDAT files.
Using CAS-Enabled Procedures and Functions
- Overview of single-threaded processing in Base SAS.
- Overview of multi-threaded processing in SAS Viya.
- Modifying Base SAS DATA step programs to run in CAS.
- Understanding DATA step restrictions in CAS.
- Modifying SQL procedure code to execute in CAS using FedSQL.
- Using CAS-enabled Base SAS procedures.
- Creating and using user-defined formats in CAS.
- Using SAS functions in CAS.