This course is designed for users who want to analyze the business information that is stored in a SAS OLAP cube. The course provides opportunities to practice in a simulated SAS environment.
Learn how to
- interact with a SAS OLAP Cube using SAS Enterprise Guide 4.3
- interact with a SAS OLAP Cube using the SAS Add-In for Microsoft Excel Office 4.3
- interact with SAS OLAP data using SAS Web Report Studio 4.3
- build a multidimensional report using SAS Web Report Studio 4.3
- build a SAS Information Map from a SAS OLAP Cube using SAS Information Map Studio 4.2.
Who should attend
Business users and other information consumers who want to interact with SAS OLAP cubes and create multidimensional reports based on SAS OLAP data
There are no formal prerequisites for this course.
This course addresses SAS Add-In for Microsoft Office, SAS Enterprise Guide, SAS Information Map Studio, SAS Web Report Studio software.
Exploring Online Analytical Processing
Viewing a SAS OLAP Cube with SAS Enterprise Guide
- defining OLAP terminology
Working with SAS OLAP Cubes in Microsoft Excel Viewing Multidimensional Data on the Web
- the OLAP Analyzer
- MDX queries
Building an Information Map from a SAS OLAP Cube
- accessing and navigating multidimensional data
- working with multidimensional data
- creating SAS Information Maps