This self-paced learning is designed for individuals who need a solid foundation in advanced SAS programming techniques and who can learn autonomously. The included content helps you prepare for the SAS Certified Advanced Programmer for SAS(R)9 credential.
- SAS Programming 3: Advanced Techniques and Efficiencies: This course is for SAS programmers who prepare data for analysis. The comparisons of manipulation techniques and resource cost benefits are designed to help programmers choose the most appropriate technique for their data situation.
- SAS Macro Language 1: Essentials: This course focuses on the components of the SAS macro facility and how to design, write, and debug macro systems. Emphasis is placed on understanding how programs with macro code are processed.
- SAS SQL1: Essentials: This course teaches you how to process SAS data using Structured Query Language (SQL).
The learning environment includes the following content:
Learn how to
- e-Learning (online, hands-on tutorials)
- Course materials (course notes and data)
- Links to other relevant content such as video tutorials and recommended reading
- Certification Prep Guide
- Quiz to test your knowledge
- benchmark computer resource usage
- control memory, I/O, and CPU resources
- create and use indexes
- combine data horizontally
- use hash and hiter DATA step component objects and arrays as lookup tables
- compress SAS data sets
- sample your SAS data sets
- create and use SAS data views
- safely reduce the length of numeric variables
- create user-defined functions and informats
- perform text substitution in SAS code
- automate and customize the production of SAS code
- conditionally or iteratively construct SAS code
- use macro variables and macro functions
- query and subset data
- summarize and present data
- combine tables, including complex joins and merges
- create and modify table views and indexes
- replace multiple DATA and PROC steps with one SQL query.
Who should attend
Experienced SAS programmers who have a sound understanding of DATA step processing
||52 hours/180 day license
This course is not appropriate for beginning SAS software users. Before attending this course, you should have at least nine months of SAS programming experience and should have completed the SAS Programming 2: Data Manipulation Techniques course.
This content addresses Base SAS software and is appropriate for those using SAS(R)9 software. Note: Access to software is not included.