This self-paced learning is designed for individuals who need a solid foundation in the functionality provided by SAS Visual Analytics on SAS Viya and who can learn autonomously.
- SAS Visual Analytics 1 for SAS Viya: Basics: This course introduces data preparation, data discovery, and report creation in SAS Visual Analytics.
- SAS Visual Analytics 2 for SAS Viya: Advanced: This course describes advanced features of data preparation, data discovery, and report creation in SAS Visual Analytics.
- SAS Visual Statistics: Interactive Model Building: This course introduces SAS Visual Statistics for building predictive models in an interactive, exploratory way. Exploratory model fitting is a critical step in modeling big data.
- SAS Viya 3.3 Administration: Fundamentals: This course introduces SAS administrators to SAS Viya 3.3. The course provides an overview of the SAS Viya architecture. It also shows you how to perform essential SAS administration functions and monitor the environment using SAS Environment Manager, CAS Server Manager, and the command line interface.
The learning environment includes the following content:
Learn how to
- Course materials (course notes and data)
- Links to other relevant content such as video tutorials and recommended reading
- Quiz to test your knowledge
- interact with the environment and organize content using SAS Home
- view and interact with reports using the SAS Report Viewer
- access and investigate data in SAS Visual Analytics
- prepare data using SAS Data Studio
- create advanced data items using SAS Visual Analytics
- restructure data for analytics (geographic analysis, forecasting, network analysis, path analysis, text analytics) using SAS Data Studio
- perform data discovery and basic analysis using SAS Visual Analytics
- perform advanced analysis (geographic analysis, forecasting, network analysis, path analysis, text analytics) using SAS Visual Analytics
- create advanced filters using SAS Visual Analytics
- create interactive reports using SAS Visual Analytics
- create advanced interactive reports with parameters using SAS Visual Analytics
- perform statistical analysis of data of any size
- create a report with pages
- determine useful preferences and settings
- create segments, or clusters, of input variables
- perform regression and logistic regression modeling
- perform decision tree modeling
- perform stratified model fitting
- perform model validation
- compare models
- generate score code
- manage and monitor SAS Viya servers and services
- locate and control logging of the SAS Viya servers and services
- manage users and groups in the SAS Viya environment
- integrate with an identity management server such as LDAP or Active Directory
- manage the SAS Viya environment
- manage data and content that are used in the SAS Viya environment
- maintain security on SAS Viya content and functionality
- back up your SAS Viya environment.
Who should attend
Business analysts, predictive modelers, and data scientists or Linux administrators who support a SAS Viya 3.3 deployment, as well as SAS Visual Analytics 9 administrators
No SAS experience or programming experience is required, although you should have some computer experience. Specifically, you should be able to
- log on and off a computer and use a keyboard or mouse
- use a Web browser to access information.
You should have an understanding of regression and logistic regression analysis for predictive modeling. You can gain this knowledge from the Statistics 1: Introduction to ANOVA, Regression, and Logistic Regression course. For the administration, you should have a working knowledge of Linux operating system commands, such as locating and listing files in a directory, setting permissions on files and directories, editing files, and using sudo.
This course addresses SAS Visual Analytics (on SAS Viya) software. Note: Access to software is not included.