This self-paced learning is designed for individuals who need a solid foundation in SAS programming and who can learn autonomously. The included content helps you prepare for the SAS Certified Base SAS for SAS(R)9 credential.
- SAS Programming 1: Essentials: This course is for users who want to learn how to write SAS programs. It is the entry point for learning SAS programming and is a prerequisite to many other SAS courses.
- SAS Programming 2: Data Manipulation Techniques: This course is for those who need to learn data manipulation techniques using SAS DATA and procedure steps to access, transform, and summarize SAS data sets.
The learning environment includes the following content:
Learn how to
- e-Learning (online, hands-on tutorials)
- Course materials (course notes and data)
- Links to other relevant content such as video tutorials and recommended reading
- Certification Prep Guide
- Quiz to test your knowledge
- navigate the SAS Studio programming environment
- navigate the SAS Enterprise Guide programming environment
- navigate the SAS windowing environment
- read various types of data into SAS data sets
- create SAS variables and subset data
- transform character, numeric, and date variables
- combine SAS data sets
- control SAS data set input and output
- perform DO loop and SAS array processing
- summarize, read, and write different types of data
- create and enhance listing and summary reports.
Who should attend
Anyone starting to write SAS programs
||48 hours/180 day
Before attending this course, you should have experience using computer software. Specifically, you should be able to
- understand file structures and system commands on your operating systems
- access data files on your operating systems.
This content addresses Base SAS software and is appropriate for those using SAS(R)9 software. Note: Access to software is not included.