This course covers the content of both SAS® Data Integration Studio: Essentials and SAS® Data Integration Studio: Additional Topics. It introduces and expands the knowledge of SAS Data Integration Studio and includes topics for registering sources and targets; creating and working with jobs; and working with transformations. This course also provides information about working with slowly changing dimensions, working with the Loop transformations, and defining new transformations.
The self-paced e-learning includes:
Learn how to
- Annotatable course notes in PDF format.
- Virtual lab time to practice.
- Register source data and target tables.
- Create jobs and explore the functionality of the Job Editor.
- Work with a variety of transformations.
- Work with slowly changing dimensions.
- Work with Loop transformations.
- Create new transformations.
- Examine impact analysis.
- Examine exporting and importing of metadata.
- Establish checkpoints in a job flow.
- Deploy jobs for scheduling.
- Deploy jobs as SAS Stored Processes.
Who should attend
Data integration developers and data integration architects
Before attending this course, you should have experience with the following:
- SAS programming basics.
- SQL processing.
- SAS macro facility.
You can gain this experience by completing the SAS® Programming 1: Essentials, SAS® SQL 1: Essentials, and SAS® Macro Language 1: Essentials courses.
This course addresses SAS Data Integration Studio, SAS Data Quality Solution, SAS Analytics Platform software.
Creating Metadata for Source Data
- Exploring the platform for SAS Business Analytics.
- Reviewing the course data and course tasks.
- Using SAS Data Integration Studio.
- Exploring change management basics.
Creating Metadata for Target Data
- Setting up the environment.
- Registering source data metadata.
Creating Metadata for Jobs
- Registering target data metadata.
- Importing metadata for target data.
Additional Features for Jobs
- Introduction to jobs and the job editor.
- Using the SQL join transformation.
Working with Transformations
- Importing SAS code.
- Working with propagation and mappings.
- Chaining jobs.
- Investigating performance statistics.
Working with Loop Transformations
- Working with the extract transformation.
- Working with summary statistics transformations.
- Exploring status handling for transformations and jobs.
- Working with the data validation transformation.
- Working with the sort transformation.
- Working with the append transformation.
- Working with the transpose transformation.
- Working with the apply lookup standardization transformation.
Creating Custom Transformations
- Introduction to Loop transformations.
- Iterating a job with Loop transformations.
- Iterating a single transformation with Loop transformations.
Working with the Table Loader Transformation
- Using the new transformation wizard.
Working with Databases
- Basics of the Table Loader transformation.
- Load styles of the Table Loader transformation.
- Table properties and load techniques of the Table Loader transformation.
Additional Topics for SAS Data Integration Studio Users
- Introduction to in-database processing.
- Using in-database processing.
- Creating an ELT process.
- Analyzing metadata using impact analysis.
- Using the Conditional Execution transformation.
- Exporting and importing metadata.
- Creating a version of a metadata object.
- Deploying jobs for scheduling.