This course introduces SAS Data Integration Studio and includes topics for registering sources and targets, creating and working with jobs, and working with transformations.
The self-paced e-learning includes:
Learn how to
- Annotatable course notes in PDF format.
- Virtual lab time to practice.
- Register source data and target tables.
- Create jobs and explore the functionality of the job editor.
- Work with many of the various transformations.
Who should attend
Data integration developers and data integration architects
Before attending this course, it is recommended that you have experience with SAS programming basics. You can gain this experience by completing the SAS® Programming 1: Essentials course.
This course addresses SAS Data Integration Studio, SAS Analytics Platform software.
Creating Metadata for Source Data
- Exploring the platform for SAS Business Analytics.
- Introduction to SAS Data Integration Studio.
- Using change management to create new metadata and update metadata.
- Introduction to the classroom environment and the course tasks.
Creating Metadata for Target Data
- Setting up the environment.
- Registering source data metadata.
- Registering SAS table metadata.
- Registering DBMS table metadata.
- Registering ODBC data source table metadata.
- Registering metadata for external files.
Creating Metadata for Jobs
- Registering target data metadata.
- Importing metadata.
Additional Features for Jobs
- Introduction to jobs and the job editor.
- Using the Join transformation.
Working with Transformations
- Investigating column propagation, mapping, and updating.
- Establishing status handling.
- Importing SAS code into SAS Data Integration Studio.
- Using the Extract and Summary Statistics transformations.
- Using the Data Validation transformation.
- Exploring SQL transformations.
- Using the Transpose, Append, Rank, and List Data transformations.
- Using transformations for basic standardizations.