There is a new version of this course. Please see JMP Software: A Case Study Approach to Data Exploration.
This training is appropriate for JMP 9.
This course is designed as the first step for those who want to use JMP or SAS Visual Data Discovery to manage, analyze, and explore data.
Learn how to
- navigate the JMP interface
- manage data effectively in JMP
- explore data by using JMP software's extensive graphical capabilities
- create and manage reports in JMP.
Who should attend
Anyone who wants to use JMP or SAS Visual Data Discovery to manage and analyze data
Before attending this course, you should be familiar with a Macintosh or Microsoft Windows operating system.
This course addresses JMP, SAS Visual Data Discovery software.
Data Exploration and Manipulation
- introducing JMP features
- exploring user-assistance options
- accessing data and opening different types of files in JMP
- understanding modeling types
- introducing the Table panel, Columns panel, and Rows panel
- creating a JMP journal
Graphical Data Exploration
- using the Columns and Rows menus
- creating new columns
- creating new tables
- using the Tabulate option to create summary tables
Reporting and Presenting Results
- exploring relationships between continuous columns
- using the Graph Builder
- mapping with the Graph Builder
- exploring relationships between categorical data columns
- using recursive partitioning for exploratory analysis
- modifying a journal
- using a journal for presentations
- saving and sharing results