This course familiarizes you with methods of data extraction, transformation, and loading (ETL) in preparation for SAS Activity-Based Management 7.x.
Learn how to
- set up the SAS Activity-Based Management system for ETL
- import model data
- use the data schema to create staging tables
- map source tables to data fields and properties in the staging tables
- modify, join, and import tables with SAS Data Integration Studio and SAS Enterprise Guide
- export model data for analysis and reporting
- export model data for analysis and reporting.
Who should attend
Database users who prepare source data for import to or export from SAS Activity-Based Management 7.x models
There are no formal prerequisites for this course. The ABC Modeling Using SAS Activity-Based Management 7.x and SAS Enterprise Guide 1: Querying and Reporting courses are recommended but not required.
This course addresses SAS Activity-Based Management software.
What is ETL?
Setting Up SAS For ETL
Importing Model Data
- SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Data Integration Studio
- creating a library using SAS Data Integration Studio
- viewing a library in SAS Enterprise Guide
- using SAS Management Console
- the import process
- an import checklist
- data source requirements
- data schema
- dimension signatures and keys
- staging table dependencies
Transforming Data in SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Data Integration Studio
- mapping tables
- adding columns
Exporting Model Data
- modifying tables with SAS Data Integration Studio and SAS Enterprise Guide
- using SAS Data Integration Studio
- using SAS Enterprise Guide
Using What You Have Learned
- exporting SAS Activity-Based Management data
- using what you have learned
- organizing the data
- generating the cost element table
- importing the stating tables
- validation and validation reports