There is a new version of this course. Please see Extending SAS Enterprise Miner with User-Written Nodes.
This course teaches you how to extend the functionality of SAS Enterprise Miner in SAS 9.
Learn how to
- develop custom nodes that incorporate other SAS procedures
- customize exploratory methods and use the results to modify metadata
- construct a model node that derives model coefficients using training data; constructs Score code; and scores Validation, Test, and Score data using Score code
- create assessment data for predictive models.
Who should attend
Experienced data miners and predictive modelers
Before attending this course, you should have
Knowledge of XML and JAVA is a plus but is not essential.
Introduction to SAS Enterprise Miner
The SAS Enterprise Miner SAS Code Node
- overview of SAS Enterprise Miner
- SAS Enterprise Miner interface and architecture
- an overview of customization
XML for SAS Enterprise Miner
- features of the SAS Enterprise Miner SAS code node
- the SAS Code Editor
- SAS Enterprise Miner macros and macro variables
- transitioning from the SAS code node to an extension node
- EM_REPORT macro examples (self-study)
Developing SAS Enterprise Miner User-Written Nodes
- the basic SAS Enterprise Miner extension node XML file
- XML properties and controls
A User-Written Predictive Modeling Node (Self-Study)
- working with XML properties
- handling exceptions and error conditions
- testing and deploying a SAS Enterprise Miner extension node
- predictive modeling in SAS Enterprise Miner
- a predictive modeling extension node