There is a new version of this course. Please see SAS OLAP Environment: Administration.
This course is designed for platform administrators who need to administer SAS OLAP functionality.
Learn how to
- administrate with SAS OLAP client applications
- manage the SAS OLAP server
- manage the cube creation process
- manage cube access
- manage OLAP specific metadata.
Who should attend
Platform administrators who need to administer SAS OLAP functionality
Before attending this course, you should complete the SAS Platform Administration: Getting Started course or have equivalent experience. Experience using SAS OLAP Cube Studio is helpful but not required. You can gain this experience by attending Designing, Tuning, and Maintaining SAS OLAP Cubes.
This course addresses SAS Analytics Platform, SAS OLAP Server software.
Getting Started with the Platform for SAS Business Analytics and OLAP
Defining the OLAP Environment
- exploring Online Analytical Processing (OLAP)
- examining the SAS platform architecture
- working with the SAS OLAP environment
- discussing the course environment and scenario
Administering SAS OLAP Servers
- investigating the OLAP server environment
- administrating with SAS OLAP client applications
- organizing data and management components
- authorizing access to SAS OLAP tasks
Administering SAS OLAP Cubes
- exploring administrative tasks for SAS OLAP Servers
- controlling SAS OLAP servers
- logging SAS OLAP Servers
- managing OLAP sessions and queries
- working with the SAS OLAP Server
- performing impact analysis
- disabling and enabling a cube
- copying or moving a cube using SAS OLAP Cube Studio
- SAS resources
- identifying next steps
- using the SAS documentation