Business Knowledge Series course
Presented by Ron Cody, author of Cody's Data Cleaning Techniques Using SAS Software and SAS Functions by Example, or Mark Jordan, Technical Training Consultant, Education Division, SAS
There is a newer version of this course. Please see the schedule for the new SAS Functions by Example course.
Ever spent valuable time writing complex code only to later find a function that would have done the job for you? Discover the plethora of practical SAS functions that you haven't seen in other SAS programming courses, and start resolving your everyday programming problems more quickly and efficiently.
Learn how to
- magically manipulate character data with ease, using PERL Regular Expression (PRX) and other amazing character functions
- dominate datetime, date, and time values with the previously perplexing Date Interval functions
- save programming time and reduce programmer frustration with array functions
- easily compute descriptive statistics, including how to use the new SMALLEST and LARGEST functions
- use mathematical and special functions to streamline your code
- generate random numbers with ease
- manipulate the values in various variables with the new CALL SORTN and CALL SORTC routines.
Who should attend
Base SAS programmers who want to write more elegant, efficient DATA step and PROC SQL programs
| Classroom:|| 2.0 days |
Before attending this course, participants should have completed the SAS Programming 1: Essentials course. Completion of the SAS Programming 2: Data Manipulation Techniques course is also recommended or, alternatively, a minimum of one year of SAS programming experience.
This course addresses Base SAS software.