This is a four-day immersion into SAS 9.4 administration for students needing an in-depth introduction or a refresher on managing a SAS 9.4 environment. The self-study e-learning includes:
În urma acestui curs, veți învăța să
- Annotatable course notes in PDF format.
- Virtual lab time to practice.
- Navigate the SAS 9.4 architecture.
- Start, stop, and check the status of SAS 9.4 servers and services.
- Configure server logging to assist with monitoring and debugging.
- Manage users and groups in the SAS Metadata Server.
- Secure metadata content.
- Manage access to SAS client functionality.
- Set up access to data for processing and analysis.
- Monitor your environment with SAS Environment Manager.
Cine ar trebui să participe la curs
SAS 9.4 administrators
Before attending this course, it is helpful, but not required that you have experience with SAS 9.4. This experience is gained by completing the SAS Platform Administration: Getting Started course.
Acest curs este despre SAS Analytics Platform, SAS Management Console, SAS Environment Manager for SAS 9.4 software.
Exploring SAS 9 Administration
Reviewing SAS Components
- Introduction to SAS 9.4 administration.
- Administration tasks.
- Exploring administration tools.
Understanding Metadata, Backups, and Hot Fixes
- Exploring the SAS 9 architecture.
- Operating SAS servers and spawners.
- Exploring SAS Environment Manager.
Administering Users, Groups, and Roles
- Exploring the SAS Metadata Server and metadata repositories.
- Backing up the SAS Metadata Server.
- Backing up the SAS environment.
- Applying hot fixes.
Managing SAS Compute Servers and Spawners
- Exploring initial authentication to the SAS Metadata Server.
- Administering users and groups.
- Exploring internal accounts, roles, and administrative identities.
- Understanding SAS Compute Servers.
- Exploring credential management.
- Administering server logging.
Establishing Connectivity to Data Sources
- Reviewing metadata security.
- Exploring ACTs and metadata permissions.
- Customizing SAS folders.
Monitoring Your SAS Environment
- Registering libraries and tables in metadata.
- Setting up data access.
- Monitoring a SAS environment with SAS Environment Manager.
- Troubleshooting a SAS environment.
- Maintenance and ongoing administration tasks.
- Metadata server clustering.
- Monitoring resources: the Analyze pages.
- SAS import macros.