The SAS Certified Data Scientist package is an intensive twelve-week bootcamp which includes both levels of the academy:
- SAS Certified Big Data Professional (Level 1)
- SAS Certified Advanced Analytics Professional (Level 2)
Big Data Professional (Level 1)
Students will learn introductory statistics; data management and manipulation; data quality techniques, visual data exploration, and working with SAS, Hadoop, and Hive.
Advanced Analytics Professional (Level 2)
Students will learn a variety of machine learning and predictive modeling techniques, how to apply the techniques to big distributed and in-memory data sets, experimentation in business, optimization, time series forecasting and the essential communication skills necessary to deliver value to the organization.
The course work, hands-on practice and projects will help prepare you for the two exams needed to become a SAS Certified Big Data Professional and the three exams needed to become a SAS Certified Advanced Analytics Professional. Students who earn both credentials (and pass the five exams) also earn the SAS Certified Data Scientist credential. Exams are included in the Academy package.
Below you will see the list of exams you need to pass to earn the credential SAS Certified Data Scientist.
SAS Big Data Preparation, Statistics and Visual Exploration
SAS Big Data Programming and Loading
Predictive Modeling Using SAS Enterprise Miner 13
SAS Advanced Predictive Modeling
SAS Text Analytics, Time Series, Experimentation and Optimization
To see the full program of the Academy for Data Science, please click here.
Learn how to
- Recognize and overcome big data challenges
- Explore and visualize your data
- Improve data quality for reporting and analytics
- Apply fundamental statistical techniques
- Work with SAS, Hadoop, and Hive
- Apply machine learning and predictive modeling techniques to big distributed and in-memory data sets
- Detect patterns in your data
- Set up and run business experiments
- Optimize your data
- Utilize time-series forecasting techniques
- Effectively communicate results and recommendations to executive-level management.
Who should attend
Business analysts, programmers, data analysts, starting data scientists or statisticians with at least six months of experience writing SAS programs or another programming language.
Standard Duration (duration can vary, see event schedule for details)
To enroll in the SAS Certified Advanced Analytics Professional program, you need at least six months of programming experience in SAS or another programming language and at least six months of experience using mathematics and/or statistics in a business environment. Furthermore it is recommended that you have knowledge of SQL, Macro and Advanced Programming.
It would be advantageous to attend the courses listed below prior to joining this program:
SAS Base Programming: Fast Track
SAS Advanced Programming: Fast Track