This course includes the majority of the content of both DataFlux Data Management Studio: Essentials and DataFlux Data Management Studio: Advanced. It introduces DataFlux Data Management Studio and expands your knowledge by discussing the following topics: data explorations and profiling, data jobs to perform data management tasks (such as data quality and entity resolution), data monitoring, usage of DataFlux Expression Engine language, custom metrics, macro variables, and process jobs.
The self-study e-learning includes:
Ismerje meg hogyan...
- Annotatable course notes in PDF format.
- Virtual Lab time to practice.
- use data explorations
- create and review data profiles
- create data jobs for data improvement
- establish monitoring aspects for your data
- work with the DataFlux Expression Engine Language
- create and use custom metrics
- define and use macro variables
- create process jobs.
Currently, there are no prerequisites for this course.
A tanfolyam DataFlux Data Management Studio, DataFlux Data Management Server szoftver használatára épül.
Introduction and Course Flow
DataFlux Data Management Studio: Getting Started
Working through the PLAN Phase of the DataFlux Methodology
- introduction to DataFlux Data Management Studio
- Quality Knowledge Base (QKB) and reference sources
- data connections
Working through the ACT Phase of the DataFlux Methodology
- creating data collections (self-study)
- designing data explorations
- creating data profiles
- designing data standardization schemes
Working through the MONITOR Phase of the DataFlux Methodology
- introduction to data jobs
- data quality jobs
- data enrichment jobs (self-study)
- entity resolution jobs
Additional Topics (Self-Study)
- defining business rules
- data profiling with business rules and alerts
- data jobs with business rules
- data jobs with monitoring tasks
- multi-input and multi-output data jobs
- using data job references within a data job
- introduction to the DataFlux Data Management server
DataFlux Expression Engine Language
- overview of remaining course topics
- clean data, new repositories, and default macro variables
Custom Metrics, Macros, and More
- introduction to DataFlux Expression Engine Language (EEL)
- data profiling using EEL
- working with the expression node: IF/ELSE statements
- working with the expression node: RETURN statement
- working with the expression node: Pushrow function (self-study)
- working with the expression node: grouping functionality (self-study)
- working with custom metrics
- working with macro variables
- using multiple locales in a data job (self-study)
Tips, Tricks, and Other Topics
- introduction to process jobs
- using variables in process jobs
- conditional processing, work tables, and events
- parallel processing in process jobs (self-study)
- how data is processed in a data job
- job optimization
- tips for building and testing jobs
- deploying jobs
- promoting jobs to production
- case study for "Essentials"
- case study for "Advanced"