This course teaches you how to use analysis of variance and regression methods to analyze data with a single continuous response variable. You learn how to perform elementary exploratory data analysis (EDA) and discover natural patterns in data. Important statistical concepts such as confidence intervals are also introduced.
Lernen Sie, wie Sie / Learn how to
use JMP software to
- Interpret confidence intervals.
- Perform hypothesis tests.
- Compare multiple population means with one-way ANOVA.
- Use simple linear regression to analyze relationships between continuous variables.
- Use the general linear model to build models between a continuous response and any number of continuous or categorical predictors.
- Assess interactions between factors and curvature.
- Evaluate assumptions of statistical hypothesis testing.
Zielgruppe / Who should attend
Analysts and researchers with some statistical knowledge
Before attending the course, you should complete the JMP® Software: A Case Study Approach to Data Exploration course or have equivalent experience.
In diesem Kurs wird mit folgenden Software Modulen gearbeitet / This course addresses JMP Software
Introduction to Statistics
Analysis with a Categorical Factor
- Statistical concepts.
- Descriptive statistics and some of their graphs.
- Inferential statistics.
- Hypothesis tests.
- One-sample t test.
Analysis with a Continuous Factor
- One-way ANOVA.
- Multiple comparisons.
- Power and sample size.
- Exploring relationships.
- Simple linear regression.
- Polynomial regression.
- Introduction to model building.
- Combining factors.
- Model interpretation.
- When things go wrong.
- Paired t test.
- Alternatives to ANOVA when assumptions are violated.
- Contrasts in n-way ANOVA.
- Equivalence testing.