This course provides information about how to create advanced stored processes that prompt the user for input and create different types of output.
Learn how to create and register stored processes from SAS programsdesign dynamic stored processes that prompt users to enter parameter valuescreate different types of stored process output.
Who should attend
Power users who use SAS Enterprise Business Intelligence or SAS Office Analytics
This course builds on the knowledge gained by attending the Creating Stored Processes Using SAS 1: Essentials course. That knowledge is required. To be completely successful in this course, an understanding of SAS programming and the SAS macro language is required. You can gain the necessary SAS programming knowledge by completing the SAS Programming 1 course and the SAS Macro Language 1: Essentials course.
This course addresses SAS Analytics Platform, SAS Stored Process Server software.
Investigating SAS Stored Process Programming Concepts
Prompting the User for Information
- exploring SAS Stored Processes and the Platform for SAS Business Analytics
- discussing the course environment and scenario
- recognizing the stored process metadata and program elements
- constructing a stored process using a SAS Program
Working with Stored Process Output
- investigating the SAS prompting framework
- working with prompt macro variables
- using multi-value prompts
- working with shared prompts
- controlling user selections
Extending Stored Process Functionality
- investigating programming techniques
- enhancing stored process output
- chaining stored processes
- creating different output formats
- e-mailing stored process output
- using SAS tables as input data
- running a stored process from SAS program code
- using a Microsoft Excel worksheet as input data
- SAS resources
- beyond this course