This course is for anyone interested in learning how to use data in meaningful ways. It is designed as an introductory course to data literacy, starting with the basics: what is data, what does it mean to be data literate, and why is it important in today’s world?
Learn how to
This self-paced course follows the journeys of a concerned parent, a small business owner, and a public health expert, all of whom rely on data to navigate the COVID-19 pandemic. It connects skills we already use to strategies for engaging with data in more intentional and meaningful ways.
Whether you are an advanced high school student, a K-12 educator, a post-secondary student or educator, or an independent learner hoping to reskill or upskill, this course is for you.
- See the utility of data.
- Interrogate reliability of data.
- Discover meaning in data by looking for patterns and trends.
- Use data insights to make informed decisions.
- Communicate data insights to others.
- Understand how bias impacts our work with data.
||3 hours/180 day