SAS Federation Server makes it easier for business users to access secure data for reporting and analysis. It provides a virtual layer or view, giving users the appropriate level of control without physically moving data. This frees up IT staff to focus on other tasks by giving them a simple method of sharing data using a centralized, governed security layer.
The self-study version of this course includes structured course notes that provide a detailed overview, essential skills, and exercises, along with a software Virtual Lab to practice.
The e-learning includes:
- digital course notes for self-study
- Virtual Lab: 30 hours of hands-on software practice.
Learn how to
- maintain, configure, and monitor data access from a single point of administration in a web browser interface
- create a virtualized data layer that unifies disparate data sources into a federated view providing federated data as a service (DaaS)
- improve data access performance by using database pushed capabilities, connection pooling, privilege access caching, and in-memory data caching capabilities
- provide centralized security of sensitive data using role-based data access for groups and users, along with data masking and encryption of personally identifiable information (PII)
- create and share SAS metadata with other SAS solutions for easier integration
- apply data quality functions such as standardization and parsing in federated views in a consistent form to support data governance initiatives
- leverage SAS In-Database technologies to run SAS DS2 code and analytical scoring model inside the database for improved performance.
Who should attend
IT administrators and technical users who need to address business issues such as security, performance, and data access, as well as business users, who will become more empowered to control and manage their data
Before attending this class, you should
- be familiar with creating data connections to SAS data sets and relational databases in SAS and third-party applications
- be able to write simple queries in SQL or have equivalent knowledge.
This course addresses Base SAS, DataFlux Data Management Studio, SAS Data Integration Studio, SAS Enterprise Guide, SAS Federation Server software.