This course focuses on analyzing categorical response data in scientific fields. The SAS/STAT procedures addressed are PROC FREQ, PROC LOGISTIC, PROC VARCLUS, and PROC GENMOD. The ODS Statistical Graphics procedures used are PROC SGPLOT and PROC SGPANEL. The course is not designed for predictive modelers in business fields, although predictive modelers can benefit from the content of this course.
- use the FREQ procedure for preliminary analyses
- recognize when logistic regression is appropriate
- write code in the LOGISTIC procedure for binary, ordinal, and nominal logistic regression
- create effect plots and odds ratio plots using ODS Statistical Graphics
- create empirical logit plots
- eliminate redundancy in model effects using PROC VARCLUS
- use automatic model building options in PROC LOGISTIC
- assess models for fit and influential observations using PROC LOGISTIC
- assess functional form of the model effects using PROC GENMOD
- create ROC curves for measuring sensitivity and specificity
- perform exact and conditional logistic regression with PROC LOGISTIC
- analyze repeated and clustered data using Generalized Estimating Equations (GEE's) in the GENMOD procedure.
A quién va dirigido
Biostatisticians, epidemiologists, social scientists, and physical scientists who analyze categorical response data and predictive modelers who would like to learn more about the statistical background of logistic regression
Duración estándar (la duración puede variar, consulte su horario)
||6 sesión(es) de medio-día
||21 horas/180 día licencia
Before attending this course, you should
- have a working knowledge of statistical modeling, including concepts of regression, analysis of variance, and contingency table analysis, which you can obtain in the Estadística 1: Introducción a ANOVA, Regresión y Regresión Logística course
- have an understanding of basic syntax in SAS procedures and DATA steps
- have experience in executing SAS programs and creating SAS data sets, which you can gain by completing the Programación SAS 1: Introducción course
- have experience analyzing frequency tables using SAS software
- have completed a course in statistics that covers linear regression and logistic regression, which you can achieve by completing the Estadística 1: Introducción a ANOVA, Regresión y Regresión Logística course.
Este curso utiliza SAS/STAT software.