There is a new version of this course. Please see Creating a New Data Type in the SAS Quality Knowledge Base.
This course is designed for data quality stewards who need to learn more about how to use the DataFlux Data Management Studio to create new data types in the Quality Knowledge Base.
Learn how to
- Use the QKB component editors.
- Understand various definition types.
- Create a new data type and definitions.
Who should attend
Data quality stewards
Standard Duration (duration can vary, see event schedule for details)
||7 hours/180 day
Before attending this course, you should attend Understanding the SAS Quality Knowledge Base or have equivalent knowledge working with the QKB component files in editors.
This course addresses DataFlux Data Management Studio software.
Creating a Parse Definition
- Creating and registering a backup copy of the course QKB.
- Opening a QKB and investigating data types.
- Creating a new data type.
Creating a Case Definition
- Creating a parse definition for clothing data.
- Adding the necessary components.
- Using the Parse Definition Quick Editor (PDQE).
Creating a Standardization Definition
- Introduction to case definitions.
- Creating a case definition.
Creating a Match Definition
- Introduction to standardization definitions.
- Creating a standardization definition.
- Introduction to match definitions.
- Creating a match definition.