This course provides a review of the majority of topics in the SAS 9.4 Base Programming Performance-Based Exam. It addresses the four exam content areas: Accessing and Creating Data Structures, Managing Data, Generating Reports and Output, and Handling Errors.
Learn how to
- Read, create, and combine SAS data sets.
- Sort observations with the SORT procedure.
- Read delimited data and Microsoft Excel files with the IMPORT procedure and the LIBNAME engine.
- Create variables using assignment, conditional, and sum statements.
- Manipulate data using SAS functions.
- Process data with DO loops.
- Restructure data with the TRANSPOSE procedure.
- Create reports using the PRINT procedure, the FREQ procedure, the MEANS procedure, and the UNIVARIATE procedure.
- Create formats with the FORMAT procedure.
- Create external files with ODS, the EXPORT procedure, and the LIBNAME engine.
- Identify and resolve programming logic errors.
Who should attend
SAS users who are interested in a review course before taking the SAS 9.4 Base Programming Performance-Based Exam, part of the SAS Global Certification Program
Before attending this course, you should:
- Be an experienced programmer with knowledge of the four exam content areas.
- Have taken SAS Programming 1: Essentials and SAS Programming 2: Data Manipulation Techniques or have equivalent experience.
This course addresses SAS/ACCESS, Base SAS software.
This course is appropriate for students who are using SAS 9 software. In addition to Base SAS software, this course addresses SAS/ACCESS Interface to PC Files software.