There is a new version of this course. Please see SAS Platform Administration Fast Track.
This is a four-day immersion into SAS Platform administration for students needing an in-depth introduction or a refresher on managing a SAS Platform environment. The self-study e-learning includes:
Learn how to
- Annotatable course notes in PDF format.
- Virtual Lab time to practice.
- Navigate the SAS Platform architecture.
- Start, stop, and check the status of SAS Platform servers and services.
- Configure server logging to assist with monitoring and debugging.
- Manage users and groups in the SAS Metadata Server.
- Secure metadata content.
- Manage access to SAS client functionality.
- Set up access to data for processing and analysis.
- Monitor your environment with SAS Environment Manager.
Who should attend
SAS Platform administrators
Standard Duration (duration can vary, see event schedule for details)
||28 hours/180 day
Before attending this course, it is helpful, but not required that you have experience with the SAS Platform. This experience is gained by completing the SAS Platform Administration: Getting Started course.
This course addresses SAS Analytics Platform, SAS Management Console, SAS Environment Manager for SAS 9.4 software.
Exploring the SAS Platform
Reviewing SAS Platform Architecture Components
- Introduction to the SAS Platform.
- Reviewing administration tasks.
- Backing up the SAS environment.
Understanding SAS Metadata and the Metadata Server
- Exploring the platform architecture.
- Exploring the SAS middle-tier architecture.
- Operating SAS servers and spawners.
- Exploring SAS Environment Manager.
- Exploring SAS Environment Manager Service Architecture.
Administering Users, Groups, and Roles
- Exploring the SAS Metadata Server and metadata repositories.
- Exploring initial authentication to the SAS Metadata Server.
- Exploring SAS Metadata objects.
- Implementing a SAS Metadata Server cluster.
- Backing up the SAS Metadata Server.
Managing SAS Compute Servers and Spawners
- Administering users and groups.
- Using import macros.
- Exploring internal accounts and internal authentication mechanisms.
- Administering roles and administrative identities.
- Understanding SAS Compute Servers.
- Exploring credential management.
- Administering server logging.
Establishing Connectivity to Data Sources
- Reviewing metadata security.
- Exploring metadata permissions and ACTs.
- Customizing SAS folders.
Monitoring Your SAS Environment
- Registering libraries and tables in metadata.
- Setting up data access.
- Monitoring a SAS environment with SAS Environment Manager.
- Additional topics about SAS server maintenance.
- SAS resources.
- Beyond this course.