There is a new version of this course. Please see SAS Platform Administration Fast Track.
This is a four-day immersion into SAS Platform administration for students needing an in-depth introduction or a refresher on managing a SAS Platform environment. The self-study e-learning includes:
Learn how to
- Annotatable course notes in PDF format.
- Virtual Lab time to practice.
- Navigate the SAS Platform architecture.
- Start, stop, and check the status of SAS Platform servers and services.
- Configure server logging to assist with monitoring and debugging.
- Manage users and groups in the SAS Metadata Server.
- Secure metadata content.
- Manage access to SAS client functionality.
- Set up access to data for processing and analysis.
- Monitor your environment with SAS Environment Manager.
Who should attend
SAS Platform administrators
Before attending this course, it is helpful, but not required that you have experience with the SAS Platform. This experience is gained by completing the SAS Platform Administration: Getting Started course.
This course addresses SAS Analytics Platform, SAS Management Console, SAS Environment Manager for SAS 9.4 software.
Exploring the SAS Platform
Reviewing SAS Platform Architecture Components
- Introduction to the SAS Platform.
- Reviewing administration tasks.
- Backing up the SAS environment.
Understanding SAS Metadata and the Metadata Server
- Exploring the platform architecture.
- Exploring the SAS middle-tier architecture.
- Operating SAS servers and spawners.
- Exploring SAS Environment Manager.
- Exploring SAS Environment Manager Service Architecture.
Administering Users, Groups, and Roles
- Exploring the SAS Metadata Server and metadata repositories.
- Exploring initial authentication to the SAS Metadata Server.
- Exploring SAS Metadata objects.
- Implementing a SAS Metadata Server cluster.
- Backing up the SAS Metadata Server.
Managing SAS Compute Servers and Spawners
- Administering users and groups.
- Using import macros.
- Exploring internal accounts and internal authentication mechanisms.
- Administering roles and administrative identities.
- Understanding SAS Compute Servers.
- Exploring credential management.
- Administering server logging.
Establishing Connectivity to Data Sources
- Reviewing metadata security.
- Exploring metadata permissions and ACTs.
- Customizing SAS folders.
Monitoring Your SAS Environment
- Registering libraries and tables in metadata.
- Setting up data access.
- Monitoring a SAS environment with SAS Environment Manager.
- Additional topics about SAS server maintenance.
- SAS resources.
- Beyond this course.