This course provides a review of the majority of topics in the SAS 9.4 Base Programming Performance-Based Exam. It addresses the four exam content areas: Accessing and Creating Data Structures, Managing Data, Generating Reports and Output, and Handling Errors.
Learn how to
- Read, create, and combine SAS data sets.
- Sort observations with the SORT procedure.
- Read delimited data and Microsoft Excel files with the IMPORT procedure and the LIBNAME engine.
- Create variables using assignment, conditional, and sum statements.
- Manipulate data using SAS functions.
- Process data with DO loops.
- Restructure data with the TRANSPOSE procedure.
- Create reports using the PRINT procedure, the FREQ procedure, the MEANS procedure, and the UNIVARIATE procedure.
- Create formats with the FORMAT procedure.
- Create external files with ODS, the EXPORT procedure, and the LIBNAME engine.
- Identify and resolve programming logic errors.
Who should attend
SAS users who are interested in a review course before taking the SAS 9.4 Base Programming Performance-Based Exam, part of the SAS Global Certification Program
Before attending this course, you should:
This course addresses SAS/ACCESS, Base SAS software.
This course is appropriate for students who are using SAS 9 software. In addition to Base SAS software, this course addresses SAS/ACCESS Interface to PC Files software.
SAS 9.4 Base Programming Performance-Based Exam Review
Access and Create Data Structure
- Specifics about the SAS 9.4 Base Programming Performance-Based Exam.
- Specifics about this review course.
- Review SAS fundamental concepts.
- Using macro variables to simplify code maintenance.
- Investigating SAS data libraries.
- Accessing SAS data sets and data sources not in SAS (Microsoft Excel and text files).
- Creating SAS data sets and reviewing DATA step processes.
- Controlling rows and columns to process and output.
- Modifying column attributes.
- Using assignment statements.
- Conditional processing with IF-THEN/ELSE.
- Sorting and combining tables.
- Accumulating subtotals and totals.
- Manipulating data with functions.
- Iterative processing with DO loops.
- Restructuring data with PROC TRANSPOSE.
Generating Reports and Output
- Identifying and resolving programming logic errors.
- Examining and resolving data errors.
- Generating list reports using the PRINT procedure.
- Generating summary reports and frequency tables using Base SAS procedures.
- Enhancing reports with labels, SAS formats, user-defined formats, titles, footnotes, and SAS reporting options.
- Generating reports using ODS statements.
- Exporting data to text and Microsoft Excel files.
- More specifics about the SAS 9.4 Base Programming Performance-Based Exam.
- Additional preparation resources.
- Test-taking strategies.