There is a new version of this course. Please see SAS Viya Administration Fast Track.
This course is a four-day immersion into a SAS Viya 3.5 environment. This course provides essential topics for SAS Viya 3.5 administration and demonstrates how to perform administration tasks using SAS Environment Manager, the command-line interface, and REST APIs.
The self-study e-learning includes:
Learn how to
- Annotatable course notes in PDF format.
- Virtual lab time to practice.
- Integrate SAS Viya with SAS 9.4.
- Start and stop SAS Viya servers and services.
- Manage users and groups in the SAS Viya environment.
- Integrate with an identity management server such as LDAP or Active Directory.
- Manage credential domains in SAS Viya.
- Manage data and content that are used in the SAS Viya environment.
- Maintain security on SAS Viya content and functionality.
- Back up your SAS Viya environment.
- Promote content from both SAS 9.4 and prior releases of SAS Viya to SAS Viya 3.5.
- Update a SAS Viya deployment.
- Set up and use APIs to interface with the SAS Viya environment.
- Administer programming run-time servers.
- Administer the CAS server.
- Create and manage caslibs.
- Access data in external databases.
- Automate the refresh of data from a caslib.
- Make user-defined formats available to the CAS server.
- Promote content from SAS 9.4 to SAS Viya 3.5.
- Manage SAS Viya content.
- Troubleshoot general authorization issues.
- Monitor the SAS Viya environment in SAS Environment Manager.
- Monitor a SAS Viya deployment using command-line interfaces such as the sas-ops command.
- Manage the operations infrastructure data mart.
- Create custom reports from the operations infrastructure data.
- Modify logging levels in SAS Environment Manager.
- Diagnose server and service problems using logs.
Who should attend
Administrators who support a SAS Viya 3.5 environment
Before taking this course, you should have completed the SAS9 Administration: Getting Started course or have a working knowledge of Linux operating system commands (or both). A working knowledge of LDAP or Active Directory is helpful but not required.
This course addresses SAS Viya software.