Terms and Conditions
Course FeesPublic course fees and length vary depending on the subject matter and type of course. View the course outline and schedule for details. Registration fees cover all course materials and computer time for lecture/workshop courses. Early registration is recommended because classes fill quickly. An early bird discount for 10% off standard course fees is available for most courses when you register and pay for the course at least four weeks in advance of the course start date. A group discount for 10% off standard course fees is also available for most courses for individuals from the same organization who register and pre-pay for the same public course together.
Customer Satisfaction GuaranteeFor three decades, SAS Education has provided quality, state-of-the-art training to half a million SAS customers. We're so confident our courses will help you learn how to use SAS more effectively, that we guarantee your satisfaction. In fact, if you are not satisfied with your training experience, let us know within 60 days and we'll offer you another class or refund your initial course fee. Learn more about our guarantee.
SAS Education's Guaranteed to Run ProgramAt SAS Education your learning is our top priority. As part of our commitment to growing your SAS knowledge, we guarantee to run any course that has at least one registration four weeks prior to the course start date.*
*The SAS Academy for Data Science and courses within the Business Knowledge Series are not included. In addition, this guarantee does not apply to delays and/or cancellations beyond SAS' control, including but not limited to, illness, transportation delays, fires, floods, labor disputes, casualty, riots, wars, governmental regulations or controls, materials shortages, or acts of God.
Tax InformationYour invoice will include applicable sales taxes which, based on our understanding of your state's tax laws, SAS is required to collect and remit. Taxes are applicable on courses held in the following states: CT, HI, IL, OH, NM, RI, SC, SD, TX.
Costs including fees, travel, lodging, and a portion of meal expenses related to attending a SAS training course may be tax deductible as a business expense by the attendee. Contact your tax advisor to ascertain whether you qualify for this tax deductible business expense.
Cancellation PolicyThe SAS cancellation policy covers courses, conferences, and Certification exams held at SAS facilities. If you are unable to attend the event for which you registered, please inform SAS as soon as possible.
- Fees are fully refundable if notification is received by mail, e-mail, or phone at least 8 calendar days prior to the scheduled start date of an event; after that (7 calendar days or less), the full event fee will be charged. SAS will provide a full refund if the customer requests to cancel their registration within 3 calendar days of the date of registration regardless of the number of days before the first day of class.
- Substitutions (name changes) are accepted at any time prior to the event, except for training package registrations which are not transferable.
- Transfers are accepted up to 24 hours before the event start date, and students are allowed one transfer per course registration.
- Students that are absent from class without notifying SAS by phone, mail, or e-mail at least 1 day before class begins will be charged the full course price of the course without the option to cancel or transfer to another class.
This policy applies unless otherwise stated.
Training Center Class InfoYou can check in and pick up your course materials beginning at 8:30am. Classes start at 9am and end by 5pm each day. If the schedule is different, it will be noted on the Web as well as in your confirmation e-mail.
- Photo ID: For security purposes, please be prepared to show a photo ID.
- No recording devices: Recording devices, including video and audio, are not permitted in the classroom.
- Cell phones: Students are asked to turn cell phones and electronic devices off or to set them to vibrate.
- Children/guests: Attendees are not allowed to have children or guests accompany them in the training facility.
- Classroom attire: Students are welcome to dress comfortably, keeping in mind that training centers have a casual business environment.
- Room temperature: Classroom temperatures do fluctuate. Please bring a light jacket or sweater to ensure your comfort level.
Smoking or the use of smokeless tobacco products is prohibited in SAS buildings, in company or personal vehicles, or anywhere on the SAS World Headquarters campus. Smoking is also prohibited at all third-party SAS facilities.
Continuing Education UnitsWhen you successfully complete SAS instructor-based training courses, you earn Continuing Education Units (CEUs). The CEU, a nationally recognized unit of measurement for continuing education courses, is defined as "10 contact hours of participation in an organized continuing education experience under responsible sponsorship, capable direction, and qualified instruction."
CEUs give you units of measurement for professional development that can be accumulated and documented. SAS training course CEUs are accredited through the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET). SAS awards 0.6 CEU units for each day of classroom training or 0.3 CEU units for each Live Web session; therefore, for each three-day SAS training course or 6-session Live Web course, you earn 1.8 CEUs.