To view SAS e-learning, you must allow both pop-up windows
in your browser. To do so, you may need to disable software that
blocks pop-up windows or ads.
You might be unable to view pop-up windows for either or both of these
- pop-up blocking in your browser settings
- pop-up blocking software that is installed on your computer.
If you cannot view pop-up windows, perform one of the following actions
- Disable pop-up blocking software.
- Turn off pop-up blocking in your browser.
example, in Internet Explorer 11.0, you can select Tools > Pop-up Blocker > Turn Off Pop-up Blocker.
- Allow pop-up windows from the Web site where you are taking SAS
If you prefer to keep pop-up
blocking turned on, you might still be able to allow pop-up
windows from specific Web sites. For example, if the pop-up blocker is
already turned on in Internet Explorer 11.0, you can select
Tools > Pop-up Blocker > Pop-up Blocker
Settings and add *.sas.com as an
allowed site for pop-up windows.
in Internet Explorer 11.0, you can perform these steps to enable
- From the browser menu, select Tools > Internet
Options and click the Security tab.
- Click Custom level.
- Scroll to the Scripting section (near the bottom).
For all of the listed scripting settings, select
Enable. Click OK.
- In the Warning! window, click Yes.
- Click OK.
- Refresh the browser (select View >
Some ad-blocking software may also
navigational elements such as back and next buttons on lesson
pages, check to see whether you have ad-blocking software turned
Ad-blocking software may be activated directly or through security
software. For example, you may have Ad-Aware software running, or
you may have Norton Antivirus software running with an Adware
To display navigational elements, you may need to disable the
ad-blocking software during e-learning