In the first topic below, you'll take an inventory of the hardware you have
and the hardware you expect to purchase.
In the topics that follow, you'll consider hardware and operating environment
issues than can affect your migration timeline.
- Taking Inventory of Hardware
- helps you list the different physical pieces of hardware that are used
with SAS software. Related hardware considerations are noted.
- Operating Environment Information
- provides issues that are specific to operating environments,
including an operating environment change or upgrade.
- Operating Environments Supported in SAS 9
- briefly lists the requirements and bit specifications.
- Upgrading from a 32-Bit to a 64-Bit Operating Environment
- explains a few ways in which 64-bit platform upgrade impacts your migration.